Sunday, April 19, 2009

Reactions to G11 - Reds at Astros

Wandy:
"Vamos! Vamos!"

Cooper, on Wandy's demeanor during the game (and the aforementioned quote):
"I have never seen him do that before. That’s probably as much emotion as he’s ever shown. And I think it’s good. I think it’s good for him, but I’m going to tell you the guy (Ivan Rodriguez) who has been squatting and catching for him has been a godsend. I think they really connect. Wandy’s been as good as any pitcher in the game right now. He’s really thrown the ball well."

Pudge, on Wandy:
"He did a great job. What he did good today was he threw a lot of strike ones. He used the fastball a lot and his breaking ball was very good today. It was a 12-6 break and just kept them off balance."

Tejada, on Wandy:
“He’s showing more emotion now. Now when he gets an out, you can tell that he’s fighting. And I think he needs that. I think the form in which he pitched today it’s going to help us. Especially with the help he’s getting from Pudge, I think he’s going to be fine.”

Dusty Baker, on Wandy:
"That’s the best curveball I’ve seen him have. He had a good mile-per-hour differential between his fastball and curve.”

Aaron Harang, on the Astros' offense:
"“They were hitting everything right where nobody was. There’s nothing you can do about it.”